As a commercial property owner or business owner, you know budgeting is essential. After all, this is the only way you can ensure your business is going to be successful. One of the biggest expenses of any business is energy costs. In the U.S., small businesses are spending over $60 billion (collectively) each year on energy alone.
If you are looking for a way to save on these costs, one of the first things you should do is to schedule a commercial energy audit.
Learn more about a commercial energy audit and what it offers here.
The Commercial Energy Audit: What is It?
Research has proven making smart investments and subtle changes to energy operations can help your business save between 10 and 30 percent on utility costs without having a negative impact on your customer’s experience.
With a commercial energy audit, a professional electrician will visit your business, and begin auditing all the equipment being used, and other ways the building and those inside are using energy. There are several things the electrician is going to look at to determine energy consumption levels and where changes can be made.
During the inspection, the electrician will:
- Inspect the building’s current condition
- Look at the current utility bill and compare it to previous months’ utility bills
- Collect information and data for overall equipment performance and runtime scheduling
- Review the current operating schedules
- Conduct an onsite survey of the property
- After all of these factors are examined, the electrician will begin to make recommendations for the actions that should be taken to reduce energy consumption.
Some of the most common recommendations that are made include:
- Replacing equipment that is considered high-energy consumption
- Schedule equipment maintenance at appropriate times
- Repair problem areas that are allowing heated or cooled air to escape
Keep in mind, the suggestions made will be customized based on the findings of the electrician’s audit.
The Long-Term Benefits Offered by a Commercial Energy Audit
There are several long-term benefits offered by a commercial energy audit. The most important one is that you (the property or business owner) can save money and reduce operating costs by conserving energy. Having a machine inspected for precise running times and proper operational procedures can help to increase asset value by increasing the average lifespan.
Contact the Professionals to Schedule Your Energy Audit
If you want to ensure that your commercial building is as energy efficient as possible, it’s a good idea to schedule an energy audit right away. Doing so will help you save energy and save money. While this requires an investment, it’s one that will be worthwhile in the long run for your business and your bottom line.
Looking for a professional electrician in Kansas City? Contact Tann Electric today!